Gary Anderson - Comments
Muckraker of the Financial System

I have published on two other prominent financial websites, Seekingalpha.com (as Gary A) and at Businessinsider.com. I muckrake the banking system and found premeditated causes for the housing bubble and subsequent meltdown. I am married with 4 grown children.

Specialties: ... more

An Inflation Indicator To Watch, Part 1
7 hours ago

I think bank credit does increase the broad money supply while the Fed can increase the base money supply. I think there is something to your view. I just don't know how powerful regular bank lending is compared to base money creation. Somehow I don't think they are on the same level, though I can't explain it. But still an interesting article. However, on one point, it was the end of QE that was supposed to cause inflation. QE just drives up demand for bonds and causes asset inflation, not real wage based inflation.

I Bet You Care About The Bond Market Now, Don’t You?
8 hours ago

Goldman men busted the budget. Mnuchen, and Bannon wanted to do so to unsettle the markets and create volatility. Lloyd Blankfein couldn't be more pleased. However, it may be a dream of Goldman's that long rates would go up to 3.25, creating more volatility which would allow Goldman to make more money. if any bank could engineer it maybe Goldman could, but they could just be injecting volatility talk at this point.

Garment Bots Will Replace 60 Million Apparel Workers
8 hours ago

We are not on the verge of fully autonomous cars, Mish. But I totally that the squeeze on employees, with asset inflation and wage weakness, is a toxic combination.

Retail Apocalypse Accelerates: 200 Winn-Dixie Stores To Close As Parent Goes Bankrupt
13 hours ago

You can order from Walmart and Kroger and spend a lot less than Whole Foods. Besides, I don't want tears in my order. Amazon is ruthless toward its employees, IMO.

In this article: WMT, AMZN
Trump Tax Cuts And Yellen's New Normal
23 hours ago

I just want to emphasis the point of the article that when Yellen said the yield curve inversion no longer mattered it signals two things. First, it signals that the Fed is determined to impact short rates, but second, it acknowledges that the conundrum may well be with us as longer bonds won't be greatly affected. Is that a realistic view? I think it is possible.

23 hours ago

I don't think it is Amazon. It is Walmart and Kroger seem to be dominating. Whole Foods doesn't seem to know if it want to compete on price or if it wants to be a high quality store. It is trying to be both on the backs of its workers. Working for Amazon is almost like being on the plantation what with workers crying and the like.

In this article: WMT, AMZN
Ron Feldman's Fed Secret And Treasury Bond Behavior

Interesting thought Alexis. Yes, the uber wealthy want faith in treasury bonds and do not care so much about return. They want their capital to be safe. The retiree assumes faith in US bonds but needs a little more interest. Bernanke said one time, I believe, that they are not owed a return on their capital. It has forced some to speculate in other markets. And when people deposit money into a bank it is a loan to the bank. But banks apparently cannot make money off deposits or they would pay more for the money. Granted, banking has changed. But depositors still feel like they are being ripped off.

In this article: TLT
Swan Song Of The Central Bankers, Part 3: The Goldilocks Economy Delusion

Not sure what your gripe with #Keynes is. Keynes would look unfavorably at the weakness of labor like the author does.

Government "Stimulus": The Real Trickledown Economics

#Keynes invented the concept of trickle up. To equate trickle down voodoo economics with Keynes is to spread hurtful disinformation.

Cryptocurrency Driving Silver Demand

Welcome to Talkmarkets. Interesting article.

In this article: SLV