Plunger - Comments
Investment Strategist
Contributor's Links: GoldTent.com

My name is Burt Coons.

My Pen name "Plunger" is a spoof based on a quote from P.J. O’Rourke, an American political satirist and journalist.

“Giving assets to a stock market plunger is like giving beer and car keys to teenage boys."

A ... more

Correction Over, Gold & Gold Stocks Eyeing New Highs

As you correctly point out gold could have corrected to $1280. Since it didn't we again find ourselves with lots of wannabe gold holders on the sidelines. They are now set-up to chase the rally.

In this article: , GDX, GDXJ, GLD
Bull Markets That Follow Epic Bears

Very good observations. Your approach and findings are consistent with what I have proposed from a different method. I have seen this as a Phase I of a new bull and in that phase stocks return to "known Values" which I have suggested are around HUI 350, where the point of recognition was in both the preceding bull and bear markets. Also like the bull of 1982 in the general stock market stocks took off and didn't correct for 17 months.

In this article: GDX, GLD, HUI
Complacency Over Coal's Collapse: Factors To Consider

Tons of data here, enjoyed the article, I wish there was a more conclusive strategy presented going forward.

As for myself, if we increase the tax on coal we must certainly penalize the more damaging methane by installing the "Fart Tax"

In this article: KOL
GDX Put-Call Chart

It would help me to understand the meaning of the chart if I could get further interpretation. Just thought it was too abbreviated

In this article: GDX
GDX Put-Call Chart

Need some more analysis

In this article: GDX
The Three Phases Of A Bull Market

Its possible, but remember gold is not a commodity, its not consumed

In this article: HUI, USO
The Three Phases Of A Bull Market

General stock market- apparent bear

Precious metals- likely bull

In this article: HUI, USO
Oil: $55 - $60 Here We Come

I have been "all in" in the PM sector since early FEB. Regarding oil I am somewhat neutral, but on sidelines. I don't think bear market is over yet is my analysis, but not interested in playing downside since upside PMs is the place to be right now.

In this video: OIL, USO
Oil: $55 - $60 Here We Come

Like you know how I am positioned?

In this video: OIL, USO
Oil: $55 - $60 Here We Come

Wow, does Gary realize his tone of voice is extremely condescending to those on the other side of the trade?

In this video: OIL, USO