Keith Park - Comments
Owner, DivHut Dividend & Investing Inspiration
Contributor's Links: DivHut

I’m an early 40′s Internet entrepreneur that launched several dot coms with varying success in each. At the very least my living has been made online for the past 17 years and at the most I had a fun time in each venture.

I began seriously investing for dividend income ... more

July 2017 Stock Considerations

Thanks for sharing. I am treading lightly in the biotech space. I don't expect to make GILD or AMGN major holdings in my portfolio but still want to add to those names as opportunities come up.

In this article: HCP, JCI, KR, PFE, TGT, WMT, ADNT, AMGN, GILD, TEVA
College Dorm Dividends

I just meant that there are a lot of student housing buildings that are very old and in need of serious repair or perhaps even being demolished. These two REITs seem to have found a nic niche in the student housing space either by developing on campus housing or building adjacent apartment units.

In this article: ACC, EDR, EPR
May 2016 Stock Considerations

I'm not too worried over PR. It kind of reminds me of all the panic we saw with Greece, Ireland, Cyprus and more. In the end it all passed.

In this article: BNS, HCP
July 2015 Stock Considerations
2 years ago

I'm a very happy renter but no doubt a home can be curse or a blessing depending on how you treat it financially. No doubt a home offers roots and deep sentiments which to me is the real value of home ownership. It's those intangibles that are much more important than simply treating a home as an investment.

In this article: BNS, CB, DOV, HCN, HCP, TD, VTR
July 2015 Stock Considerations
2 years ago

Thanks for the DOC tip. Seems like we like any of the same names going into July.

In this article: BNS, CB, DOV, HCN, HCP, TD, VTR
Shaving Off Dollars From My Shaving Routine
2 years ago

I never tried DSC. I find it cheaper to buy a quality handle and 100 blades between $8 - $10.

In this article: PG
Recent Stock Purchase – May 2015
2 years ago

Quite honestly I haven't really looked in depth at the smaller health REIT plays such as NHI, LTC, OHI and DOC that you mention. I was more comfortable starting out with the big three health REITs instead. I'm also looking at other REIT plays that are non-health such as O, WPC, DLR, AVB, GOV and another health REIT, BMR. Obviously, once I feel more comfortable with the smaller plays I'll consider them more closely for my portfolio. Till then, I really have no solid opinion on any of them, DOC included.

In this article: HCN, HCP, VTR
Recent Stock Purchase – May 2015
2 years ago

Thanks for that vote of confidence. I'll be watching the REITs as volatility increases in the sector.

In this article: HCN, HCP, VTR
January Stock Considerations
2 years ago

Well I am not buying them just yet. These are my January stock considerations. As the beginning of every month I like to set out several stock ideas to consider before actually pulling the trigger and buying. To see stock prices that I purchased in the past you can visit my portfolio page http://divhut.com/portfolio/ Most of the yields are over 3% for each stock mentioned except JNJ. Thanks for commenting.

In this article: EMR, KRFT, GIS, JNJ, TD, BNS, RY, UL, UTX
Dividend Portfolio Sector Allocation Update
2 years ago

The large Canadian banks, in many regards, are more solid than most U.S. banks. They operate as a quasi-monopoly in Canada too and don't face as much competition like American banks. In fact, the only two banks in the U.S. that I would consider for a long term dividend growth portfolio is WFC and USB of which I own WFC. The large Canadian banks have been paying dividends non-stop for over 100 years and during the financial crisis not one cut their dividends. I like TD, BNS, RY, BMO and CM of which I own the first three. Having 4 banks in my portfolio is more than enough diversification and I doubt I'll be adding more names anytime soon. Many of the Canadian banks are off their 52 week highs and may hit some rough patches as oil declines as much of the Canadian economy depends on oil. Yielding close to 4% and all with low historic PEs might make these banks something to consider. Thanks for your question.

In this article: AFL, BNS, CB, RY, TD, WFC