Boaz is the Founder and CEO of TalkMarkets. Boaz started his career as a manager at Bloomberg’s corporate headquarters in Manhattan. He was then lured into the .com world where he launched two e-commerce websites for a successful electronics retailer and headed its online operations for ... more
Boaz is the Founder and CEO of TalkMarkets. Boaz started his career as a manager at Bloomberg’s corporate headquarters in Manhattan. He was then lured into the .com world where he launched two e-commerce websites for a successful electronics retailer and headed its online operations for nearly six years. Boaz then traveled overseas where he served as Seeking Alpha’s Director of Contributor Relations. After returning to the US, Boaz became the Chief Strategy Officer for GLX, a global online investment community which connects investors directly with other investors and the companies they invest in.
At Seeking Alpha he oversaw its relationship with numerous strategic partners and the company’s thousands of authors - nearly tripling the number of contributors. In less than two years, he implemented dozens of new initiatives increasing the overall satisfaction rate of authors from 23% to 97%. He was also instrumental in securing an additional $7 million in Seeking Alpha’s latest round of funding.
Boaz is involved with several charitable and community organizations and sits on the Board of Directors for Binghamton University's Hillel. He has also served as an auxiliary police officer for the NYPD at Manhattan's 24th precinct.
Boaz holds both a BS and BA from New York's Binghamton University and MBA degrees from both Tel Aviv University's Recanati School of Business and Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
|BAX||Baxter International Inc|
|GOOG||Alphabet Inc. (Google)|
|GOOGL||Google (A shares)|
|LOCO||El Pollo Loco|
|P||Pandora Media Inc.|
|PUTW||CBOE S&P 500 PutWrite Index|
|TEVA||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited|
|TMUS||T-Mobile US, Inc.|
|WFC||Wells Fargo & Co.|
|WMT||Wal-Mart Stores Inc.|
Hi Doron, thanks for your interest. I know our editors are already reviewing your first submission now. We'll be in touch with more info shortly!
Hi Doron, thanks for your interest. I know our editors are already reviewing your first submission now. We'll be in touch with more info shortly!less
Hi Mujahid Rasul, thanks for your interest in being a contributor to TalkMarkets. I've seen your work on Seeking Alpha and will send you a direct message with more information.
|Founder & CEO|
|November 2012 - Present (4 years 4 months)|
|TalkMarkets covers the entire breadth of the diverse financial realm. But we customize and tailor the site to each individual user's personal interests, preferences and level of investment sophistication. This creates a user experience as unique as you.|
|Chief Strategy Officer & Director of Content|
|The Global Listing Exchange|
|August 2011 - December 2012 (1 year 5 months)|
- Developed company-wide vision and business model for creating the world’s first financial global community
- Created launch plan, five-year development strategy, market research and competitive analysis
- Directly oversaw the development of all aspects of the GLX website including new products, tools and features, usability, functionality, traffic generators, etc.
- Conducted potential investor pitches and assisted in raising over $2.2 million in capital
- Secured commitments from top contributors to provide content for the site
- Courted potential business development partners from major players in the industry
- Recruited senior talent from large established competitors
|Director of Contributor Relations|
|June 2008 - August 2011 (3 years 3 months)|
- Oversaw all relations with Seeking Alpha’s community of 4,000+ writers including media corporations, bloggers, industry experts and leaders in the financial community
- Negotiated and implemented dozens of business development initiatives to add value to author base with companies such as Bloomberg, EDGAR Online, CNBC, McGraw-Hill, etc.
- Increased overall contributor satisfactory rating from 23% to 97% in under two years
- More than doubled author base from 1600 to over 4000 contributing authors
- Instrumental in increasing pageviews from 40 million to 85 million per month
- Created and implemented the company’s first product study which was highly successful in encouraging high-value authors to become more active. 91% percent of the authors who used the product continued to do so once the study was completed. The study served as a template for all subsequent product launches
- Transitioned outdated and incomplete department databases into a single comprehensive shared database across the entire company
- Ensured compliance and distribution rights for all authors enabling Seeking Alpha to secure an additional $7 million of funding
- Diffused tenuous situations with authors which might have lead to the loss of their content and negative publicity for Seeking Alpha
- Created and maintained a successful internship program bringing 20 talented individuals to the department, of which nearly 50 percent were later hired as full time employees
|Director of Online Operations|
|December 2000 - July 2006 (5 years 8 months)|
-Oversaw marketing and development strategies to create a new online division for retail sales of electronics via the internet
-Supervised a staff of 20 in marketing, online sales and purchases, customer service, shipping, and web development and maintenance
-Developed and maintained strategic partnerships with Ebay, Amazon, Yahoo and other online sites
-Managed the design and administration of an inventory tracking system
-Increased revenues by $3 million within the first year and maintained a growth rate of approximately 35-50% annually
|HR Operations Manager|
|June 1998 - September 2000 (2 years 4 months)|
-Developed a marketing strategy to attract new talent and potential employees to the company nationwide.
-Directed all marketing and recruitment efforts at career fairs and university campuses
-Coordinated and conducted on-site interviews for all departments
-Produced and promoted various internal programs for Bloomberg’s 10,000 employees
-Administered worldwide employee online forum
-Orchestrated worldwide relocation and temporary housing for over 150 employees
-Created strategic partnerships with other companies arranging discounts for employees at various stores and services across the globe
-Conducted weekly New Hire Orientation Training for over 1,500 employees
-Designed, implemented and administered TransitChek and comparable programs for all US offices resulting in a savings of over $500,000 in corporate taxes annually
-Conducted all NY Exit Interviews and analyzed worldwide turnover for Michael Bloomberg
|Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management|
|2006 / 2008|
|Binghamton University - School of Management|
|1995 / 1998|
|Marketing, Human Resources|
|State University of New York at Binghamton|
|1995 / 1998|